CBD and hemp health products
Interest in CBD and hemp health products continues to grow, both in Australia and globally. CBD is a compound that is found in the cannabis plant.
The cannabis plant contains hundreds of chemicals. Over 100 of these are known as cannabinoids. Cannabinoids derived from cannabis plants are sometimes referred to as phytocannabinoids. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid. CBD does not cause intoxication and may reduce some of the effects of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC); however, it does have an effect on the brain.
Industrial hemp is cannabis with a THC content in flower heads, branches, and leaves that does not exceed 0.3%. The Industrial Hemp Regulations, which are regulations made under the Cannabis Act, set out the requirements for growers of industrial hemp. As is currently the case, industrial hemp growers must grow varieties of hemp approved for commercial cultivation.
Cannabis cultivation (For CBD and Hemp Health products)
You must have a license issued under the Cannabis Act to grow cannabis plants for sale.
It could be:
- a cultivation license issued under the Cannabis Regulations.
- allowing the cultivation of cannabis plants containing varying amounts of THC and CBD;
- An industrial hemp license issued under the Industrial Hemp Regulations.
- Authorizing the cultivation of certain varieties of cannabis plants with a THC content of flower heads, branches, and leaves not exceeding 0.3%.
Importing and exporting products containing CBD
CBD is currently a controlled substance. Therefore, the import and export of products containing CBD does can be done only under very specific conditions. Imports or exports must meet all of the following criteria:
- Can only be performed by a holder of a license issued under the Cannabis Regulations ;
- Can only be carried out under an import or export permit issued to the permit holder by Health Australia.
- Can only be carried out for legitimate scientific or medical purposes, in accordance with international agreements.
Import and export industrial hemp
Flower heads, branches and leaves can only be imported or exported by the holder of a license under the Cannabis Regulations:
- whose license was issued under these regulations.
- For legitimate medical and scientific purposes.
To import or export seeds or grains of industrial hemp, you must hold a license issued
Hemp seed oil is marketed in Australia in:
- Natural health products;
- Veterinary health products.
There are almost as many CBD products as there are consumer needs. It is notably present in our shop in the form of crystals, e-liquid, flowers, oils, or even pollens. Crystals, for example, are the purest form of CBD. Their use is also perfectly suited to culinary preparations. The e-liquid CBD is meanwhile the happiness of vapers by avoiding the effects of nicotine and offering surprising tastes, rather fruity or vegetal as desired. Cibdol oils owe their fame to a pure and 100% natural production.
CBD and Hemp Health products, therefore, has a bright future ahead of it. Ongoing research could also provide a better understanding of it and democratize its use. They should also be accompanied by the marketing of products even better suited to consumers’ needs